Machine gaming can officially return to Black Hawk on June 17th following a variance submitted by Gilpin County and approved by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. This morning, the Gilpin County Board of Public Health approved an order providing guidance to allow Black Hawk’s casinos to reopen.
The GCPBH will now approve a reopening and operation plan for every casino in Black Hawk. Upon approval, casino operators will be allowed to officially reopen their doors at 8:00 a.m. June 17th. This 10-day period allows ample time for all operators to call back furloughed employees as well as sufficiently implement safety procedures and protocols.
The amended public health order is outlined below:
- Social distancing:
- In order to achieve 6 ft social distancing, the limit pursuant to this variance is 50% of the posted occupancy code limit ensuring a minimum 28 square feet per person not to exceed more than 175 people at any given time in a confined indoor space, and 250 people in any outdoor setting
- Employer Responsibilities:
- Employees and contracted workers shall be monitored daily for symptoms, and symptomatic employees shall be excluded from the workplace and isolated until they are fever-free for 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since they became symptomatic
- Provide accommodations for employees at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 who remain encouraged to follow the Stay at Home requirements
- Require signage on doors telling guests that are experiencing COVID-like symptoms not to enter, and recommend that the sign posted at the door is the CDC sign
- Bus systems used to transport patrons must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in between rides and at the end of the day
All other aspects of casino amenities, such as dining, entertainment, and lodging have been addressed in previous public health orders including Safer at Home and Vast Great Outdoors.
While our visitors are enjoying machine gaming, behind the scenes, table gaming will be undergoing an extensive review. A decision on reopening table games will be considered again in three weeks.
This is an exciting development for the City Black Hawk! By following these new public health orders, everyone can now enjoy gaming and dining in Black Hawk, Colorado’s premier gaming resort destination.
Welcome back to Black Hawk!